Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Baking



I attended a Holiday Cookie Exchange last year and enjoyed it so much I decided to host my own this year. As the hostess, I had to come up with a pretty special cookie. I decided to combine a few different recipes and make a couple alterations of my own for the perfect cookie exchange treat.

I started with a recipe for chocolate covered marshmallow cookies from Tartelette. I'm not big on short bread, so I opted for my favorite chocolate cookie recipe, the Thomas Keller Oreo




I flavored half of the marshmallow filling with mint extract, and half with cocoa powder. 



Once topped with marshmallow, the cookies need to sit for 2 hours. Then, they are dipped in a chocolate glaze.



While dipping over 100 cookies, I started wondering why I picked such a complicated treat. Would it have been so bad just to pop some pre-made dough into the oven?


To finish it off, I topped the mint cookies were candy can crumbs. The perfect holiday treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment