Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Catching Up

I've been lazy lately, but it's time to catch up to make room for some big time posts coming up in the nearish future.


Over the past month, my quarter life crisis officially kicked in. I was sitting at my desk at work the Thursday afternoon before Memorial Day weekend, and realized that I really couldn't waste any more of my life at this job that was so corporate and oh so lame. Never one to really act rashly, I used the long weekend to think it over and decided it was time to push this new chapter of my life into high gear. I looked at my calendar and remembered that we have a 2 week break from school at the end of June. I immediately knew that the timing was perfect, and started planning a 2 week Tour de Pastry to the one and only Paris!!


In effort to get all caught up, I'm just going to post my favorite pictures of what we've made the past month.  Besides, the pictures are always the best part of all my posts anyway.


First, we have a white cake with strawberry buttercream and bittersweet chocolate design.



Almond Lemon Poppyseed Cake with Berries and Mascarpone


Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Caramel and Cream Cheese Frosting


Chocolate Genoise with Berries and Creme Anglaise


Chocolate Souffle in the oven


Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Souffles


Grand Marnier Souffle


Chocolate Raspberry Roulade


Chocolate Rose Roulade


Madeleines



My favorite thing we've made so far -- Entremets. They are absolutely gorgeous, and the combinations of cake, mousse, and garnishes are endless.





Basket-weave Cake with Flowers


Princess Cake (far from perfect, but ok for a first try!)


This is what I call art!


Fresh made Bagels


English Muffins in process


Fresh Preserves!


Blueberry Shortcake with Thyme Biscuits


Warm Banana Tart with Ice Cream


Apricot Cherry Upside Down Cake:


Blueberry Tartlets Philippe


French macarons are one of my favorite things to eat - but they are kind of tricky to make. A very temperamental cookie, it's difficult to get consistent results. Below, Rose Macarons.


Passionfruit Macarons


We had some extra dough, and I had extra time, so I made some Fresh Fruit Tartlets. 



No comments:

Post a Comment