Friday, April 3, 2009

OMG I’m going to pastry school!!


So first things first, how did I end up here? Let's go with the short version...I've tossed around the idea of culinary and pastry school for years. I always thought about it as something I would do someday in the distant future...when I had the time and money (the future seems to be where the concepts of time and money usually reside). So time passed, I didn't make any more money, and I wasn't getting any closer to my dream.

Just as I started getting pretty depressed about my current state of being, a miraculous series of events led me to an amazing woman who had graduated from the full time culinary course at Tante Marie's Cooking School and gone on to open her own successful business planning cooking parties. Through her, I found Tante Marie's part time pastry course. So in a whirlwind of two months I visited Tante Marie's for a tour and an interview, submitted my application, was accepted, found and moved into a cheaper apartment to save, scrounged up the money....and here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment